Thursday 19 April 2012

Dove Maximum Protection Deodorant. Yay or nay?

Hellooo :]

Today I thought I'd write a little review about this guy...

Image taken from Boots website
Whenever I go to the gym, I always make sure I have on plenty of deodorant (Dove Go Fresh Grapefruit Anti-perspirant). Now, unless I'm missing something or there's some beauty secret I'm unaware of (if so, please tell me), whenever I reapply and go to the gym, it never lasts. I really shouldn't bother!
As I'm now going to the gym on a daily basis, I really had to find something else 'cause I was getting so paranoid about how I'd smell after a workout. Let's face it, after working out, how you smell is the least of your worries!

I nipped into Boots the other day to pick up some other bits and figured I'd have a look at the Sure Maximum Protection, as I'd seen it advertised on TV and the idea of no sweat, although possibly dangerous, seemed perfect. The Sure version was out of stock in the scent I'd choose but saw the Dove version and thought 'hey, I'll give it a go'.

Deodorant is never cheap but this is by far the most expensive one I have ever purchase at a whopping £5.30 for 45ml. Yes, pricey...

BUT

this is by far, THE BEST deodorant I have ever used.

I went to the gym this morning to trial it. I hadn't had a shower that morning, only from the previous night so didn't have any deodorant on. Popped this on and went for a 30 minute workout. Now, I do think I sweat more than the average being in the gym, but woah! I didn't have that damp gym/sweaty smell afterwards and my underarms still smelt rather fragrant, which was a bonus.  

If you are also suffering from a case of seriously sweaty underarms at the gym (or just day to day) then spend the pennies and give this a go!

I really do believe it's worth every penny, although I'm only going to use it for my little trips to the gym.

Has anyone tried the Sure version? I'm tempted to give it a try once this has run out...




No comments:

Post a Comment